An accomplished manager corporate services:
- is experienced in the role
- has the generic and technical competencies to support others
- volunteers their time to mentor and engage in networks in the wider school community.
This program aims to develop a culture of professionalism in the role. This will increase your capacity for strategic work and help you become an integral member of the executive team.
The program aims to:
- unpack mindsets
- challenge behaviours
- further develop self and others to lead in a complex school environment.
This 3-day program will ask you to look closely at yourself as a leader and to set challenges for future growth. It will look at trust, values, and team dynamics. It will also look at how leaders transition in their leadership journey.
The aim is to help you:
- describe the thinking required to transition from managing self to manage others
- articulate various leadership styles and identify when you may need them
- understand that trust is key to all relationships
- recognise the importance of managing people based on personality styles to get the best from them
- use the resources around you to develop the most effective solutions
- recognise mindsets as the thought patterns and beliefs that decide our approach to work and our behaviour.
Attend all three dates:
- Term 3 - Monday 1 September 2020
- Term 3 - Tuesday 3 September 2020
- Term 4 - Monday 12 October 2020
Decide if the program is for you
The target audience for this program is managers corporate services who have more than five years experience in the role. This program supports the Competency Framework for School Corporate Services Staff.