Prepare to lead the business of education in your school.
The learning intention of this program is to:
- develop your technical skills and system knowledge as a leader
- develop an understanding and working knowledge of school governance
- develop your ability to work in and lead a high performing team with a positive workplace culture.
There are four sections:
- A three-day program presented by Deakin University to better understand yourself and how to lead others. You will also learn the governance requirements of the manager corporate services role.
- Face-to-face and online workshops that align with the six functional areas in the competency framework. These are specific to your professional development needs.
- An optional opportunity for mentor support. Trained mentors include experienced and accomplished managers corporate services.
- Practical application which involves embedding an aspect of your learning in your workplace. This will be with support from your line manager and principal.
The workshops involve a maximum of 50 hours over 12 months.
This program increases your eligibility to apply for a Graduate Certificate of Education Business Leadership qualification. This program supports the Competency Framework for School Corporate Services Staff.
Decide if the program is for you
You are eligible to apply for this program if:
- you own a substantive position
- you are acting in the role of manager corporate services
- your position directly supports the manager corporate services
- you have shown a desire to step into the role through the performance management process.
Apply for the program
Applications for this program involve:
- an application form
- a statement addressing “Why do you want to be a manager corporate services?” (no more than 200 words)
- a resume outlining your recent role and responsibilities (maximum one page)
- your sponsors' endorsement (principal and line manager).
The application form and more information is available in the Aspirant Managers Corporate Services program application pack.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your application.